Alright, so it looks like that you are someone who has a Samsung Android Device which has a dedicated Bixby button. Now, for those of you who don’t know what Bixby is, let us tell you that Bixby is Samsung’s own Virtual assistant for its devices. Since Apple has it’s own Siri, Samsung decided to develop its own Virtual Assistant which they called “Bixby”. Unfortunately, Bixby didn’t go too well. In fact, there are a lot of people who hate it. Anyways, Samsung did it’s best. The Company also started providing a dedicated button for Bixby on their Devices.
Well, since a lot of people don’t really liked Samsung’s attempt of their own Virtual Assistant, Bixby. They want to remap the Bixby button to the Google Assistant. This is because they found the Google Assistant better than the Bixby. Anyways, it looks like that you are also someone who wants to change Bixby button to google assistant on your Samsung Device. Well, you are on the right page. Today, in this post, we would be covering on How to Remap Bixby Button to Google Assistant on Samsung Devices.
Remap Bixby Button to Google Assistant on Samsung Devices
Now, in order to change Bixby button to google assistant on Samsung Device, we would be using an app called bxActions. bxActions is a great app which can remap the Bixby key on a Samsung Device to perform some other task. We will highly recommend you use this method as it is quite easy and reliable too. And No, you don’t need Root in order to do this. Anyways, here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to download and install bxActions App on your Android Device. You can download it for free from the Google Play Store by clicking on the Download button below.
- Once you have installed the app from the above on your Samsung Device, you need to open it.
- Allow the permissions the app asks you for.
- Now, follow all the onscreen instructions.
- Once done, you need to tap on the Bixby Button > Single press.
- Scroll down until you find the ‘Google’. Here, you need to select the Google Assistant.
That’s it! The button is remapped. However, you might notice a small pause before Google Assistant opens after pressing Bixby key. This is because of the Bixby which actually tries to regain the button access. Anyways, you can ignore this or in case if you wanna fix this, then you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, you need to enable USB Debugging on your RealMe 2 Pro. Here are the steps to do so:
- First of all, open the Settings >> About Phone >> Software information.
- Here, tap On the Build Version 7 times. Then, you should see a message saying You are now in Developer.
- Now, go back to the Settings >> Developer Options >> Scroll Down & Enable USB Debugging option.
- Connect your Samsung Android Device to your PC.
- Now, access your device Internal Storage on your PC and open a folder called bxActions.
- Here, you must find a file named bxActions.exe. Run this file on your PC by double-clicking on the same.
- Now, click on the Second option which is Full Remapping. Just click on the Enable button under full remapping.
- Wait a few seconds to make changes take place.
- Once done, disconnect your Samsung Android Device from your PC and restart it.
- That’s it!
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to Remap Bixby Button to Google Assistant on Samsung Devices. We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you still have some queries, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below
I’m Abhinav, a 20-year-old Web Developer, Designer and Tech Enthusiast from New Delhi, India. I am a Computer Applications Student who loves writing on Tech and How tos.