How to create Scatter File for MTK Devices: Alright, so it looks like that you have a MediaTek based Android Device. Well, you might have rooted your Android Device and want to flash the Stock ROM again on it. Needless to say, you do need a scatter file in order to flash the Stock ROM on your Android Device using SP Flash Tool. In order to create a scatter file for your Firmware, you need a tool.
MTK Droid Tool is a perfect tool for this task. This tool is much essential for a MediaTek Android Device users. So today, in this post, we would be covering on How to create Scatter File for MTK Devices. Let us first take a look at What is MTK Droid Tool. Should we?
What is MTK Droid Tool?
MTK Droid Tool is a small program or a tool for the Android Devices which are based on the chipset by MediaTek. There is a lot that this tiny tool can do. This includes tasks like rooting your Android device, creating a scatter file for your MediaTek device, taking the backup of the stock firmware on your device and a lot more.
So that was a short an sweet introduction of the MTK Droid Tool. Let us now take a look at the steps to create Scatter File for MTK Devices.
How to create Scatter File for MTK Devices
Now, before we get straight to the steps to create Scatter File for MTK Devices, let us take a look at the prerequisites. Should we?
- You should have the latest version of MTK Droid Tools installed on your Windows PC.
- Make sure that your Android Device is powered by a MediaTek chipset.
- You should have at least 60% of charge left on your Android Device.
- Make sure that you have Fastboot and ADB Drivers installed on your PC.
Once you have the above prerequisites, you are all set to create a scatter file.
Steps to create Scatter File for MTK Devices
Here are the steps to create Scatter File for MTK Devices:
- First of all, make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest version of the MTK Droid Tool on your Windows PC.
- Now, you need to enable USB Debugging on your Android device. In order to do this, you need to enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone > and tapping 7 times on Build Number. Then, go to the developer options and enable the USB Debugging option.
- Start the MTK Droid Tool on your Windows PC and connect your device to your PC via a USB Cable.
- Once the device gets detected, click on Blocks button.
- Now, click on the Create Scatter File button.
- Choose the path where you want to store the scatter file.
- That’s it! You have successfully created a scatter file.
So, guys, this was our take on How to create Scatter File for MTK Devices. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.
I’m Abhinav, an 19-year-old Web Developer, Designer and Tech Enthusiast from New Delhi, India. I am a Computer Applications Student who loves writing on Tech and How tos. This led me start GeekSane.