Alright, so are you sick and tired of seeing all those annoying popups and ads on your Android Device? Well, we understand, you are looking forward to good user experience on your Android Device, but all those annoying ads you see all the time are ruining your overall experience. Well, guess what? We at the Geeksane are here to fix it for you. No, we are not going to make you install any spammy app which will serve you even more ads lol. Instead, we are here with a solution which will actually help you in blocking ads system-wide on your Android Device.
Sounds good? Do you know what’s even better? You don’t need to have a rooted Android device in order to block ads on your device. Now, if that sounds interesting, let us top into our post on How to block Ads on Android System-Wide without Root. Should we?
How to block Ads on Android System-Wide without Root
Now, before we get straight to How to block Ads on Android System-Wide without Root, we would actually like to give you a brief introduction on why you see a lot of advertisements on your Android Device. By this, you will get an idea of what’s really happening behind the screen. Now if that sounds interesting, let us now take a look at Why you see Ads on your Android Device. Should we?
Why do you see Ads on your Android Device?
Alright, so you see a lot of ads on your Android Device on a regular basis. Well, have you ever wondered why? Like what’s the logic behind publishing ads on an Android Device? If you haven’t, then it’s the high time you do. Now, Android, just in case if you don’t already know, is a free and open-source operating system for Android. And there are probably millions of free Android Apps and Games out on the Internet. So have you ever wondered how the developers earn by creating and rolling out these apps for free?
Well, there you got it! The Advertisements. The Android App Developers earns by showing advertisements to you. Now, depending upon their business model, some might use ad networks while others sell their ad spaces. Anyways, the main reason why you see a lot of ads on your Device is that the app developers generate revenue from it. With that being said, let us now take a look at How to block Ads on Android System-Wide without Root. Should we?
Steps to block Ads on Android System-Wide without Root
Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to block Ads on Android System-Wide without Root:
- First of all, you need to download the latest version of DNS66 APK on your Android Device. (thanks to the developer Julian Klode)
- Once done, you need to install it on your Android Device. Now, if you are doing it for the first time, then you need to enable Unknown Sources by going to Settings>Security and check the box next to Unknown sources.
- After installing the DNS66 App on your Android Device, you need to open the same.
- Now, just don’t press the Start button, swipe to the Hosts tab.
- Here, you will be able to select the hosts that you’d like ads to be filtered for. We recommend you select only the set Adaway to block ads option.
- Once selected, just tap on the Refresh option on the top. If you wish to exclude any app or want to include system apps, then you can do so by going to the Apps tab.
- When you are done with the settings, just tap on the Start button.
- That’s it! You have successfully blocked Ads system-wide on your Android Device. Pretty easy, no? You can take a look at the before and after below:
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to block Ads on Android System-Wide without Root. We hope that you found this post useful. Just in case if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or had any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.
I’m Abhinav, an 19-year-old Web Developer, Designer and Tech Enthusiast from New Delhi, India. I am a Computer Applications Student who loves writing on Tech and How tos. This led me start GeekSane.